Being up Early

on Monday, January 21, 2013
I'm not sure about you, but I'd class 4:30am as early. Last night, my parents were watching some Chinese drama and had no idea that they were keeping me up with their almost-full-blast-because-they're-half-deaf Chinese dialogue so instead of falling asleep at 10pm, I managed to fall half asleep at around 12. That's what it felt like anyway. Still, I managed to get up at 4:30.

It's a really good feeling, walking around the street when the street lights are still on, there's little to no sunlight and you're the only one there. The only things you can hear are your shallow breaths and the soft crunch as you walk along the dew-soaked pavement. The slightest breath of the wind whispers past your cheek as if to remind you that it's there. The scent of the overnight rain is still fresh and the leaves of the tree bow in offering of the dew that it bears.

If you've ever lay down in the middle of a road, you'll know how relaxing it is. Letting go of the idea that a car might come by and run you over or better still, letting that idea sit and being aware of the fact that a car might come by and run you over being okay with that. Well, no one's looking, heck, no one's probably awake yet.

So I'm half-asleep now, just typing this so I'm sorry for anything that really doesn't make sense.

Y'know, the scary thing about being up at this time is that the forest area near my place looks exactly like a zombie's gonna pop out of nowhere. Not even kidding. I'll take pictures next time.

F*** it, I'm going to sleep.

A la Prochaine.

Yes, it's only 9:30 in the morning.

0 comments: