Time killing blogpost

on Thursday, March 22, 2012
So lately, instead of doing my French Speaking Preparation which goes for 7 minutes, I've been watching any movie involving Joseph Gordon-Levitt. 500 Days of Summer, Inception, 50/50... and I'm probably gonna get around to downloading "The Lookout". I mean, I've never had a girlfriend who I supposedly dated for 499 days and on the 500th day, I realised she was married nor have I ever been in a dream in a dream in a dream, never had cancer or been close to anyone who has, nor have I ever had the life I wanted taken away from me BUT STILL, he's ana amazing character in all his movies. But then you get to Zooey Deschanel who can be so many things: A bitch, a slut, a nerd, a crazy woman who drives temporarily blinded by a flash on a camera downhill on a busy main road. 

BUT 50/50 is kinda, well, depressing at one point: So one day, Adam (JGL) is doing all good, going out for a run in the morning, has a hot girlfriend (Rachael) and everything. The next day, his doctor tells him he has back cancer. Which...kinda knocks him off his feet. After a few days, Kyle, Adams' best friend (who's a real asshole as well) takes him to a book store and manages to get a date with a good looking employee. Adam ends up staying home, sick, while his girlfriend is out somewhere and Kyle is on a date. 

Kyle, during the date spots Rachael and starts cussing about how he "nailed that cunt". Due to his excessive profanity, his date ditches him. 

So, the depressing part of this part of the movie is that: Adam's just realised he has back cancer, his girlfriend's been late for a lot of appointments and then...Kyle busts in and catches Rachael on the act. 

Ouch. 

Yeah. I thought I should just...get that out of the way. Because THEN I can concentrate more on my FRENCH SPEAKING rather than my movie/actor/actress obsessions. 

I've stayed indoors for like three days straight, and since I'm in this dark corner of my house where the only source of light is coming from my computer, I get blinded when I go into the living room because it's so bright. 

But it's not that bright. 

But it is. 

So I'm just gonna pour myself another mug of tea and get back to work.

A la Prochaine~

0 comments: