One Day Holiday

on Thursday, May 2, 2013
Spending a day at home every now and then is actually a really good idea. Maybe just once a month, even if you're not having your head metaphorically sawed in half. Maybe I'd even take five days off, just because. Take some time off from the bullshit of school and stay at home just listening to your favourite band. Walking around singing your soul out and not giving a fuck whether or not your neighbors can hear. Then having 3 showers in just 2 hours. After that, just sit back and watch a really sad movie with some nutella and a spoon. It's nice to have a cry every now and then.

I'd like to have a day like that. Just a day when you don't have any responsibilities, no bullshit. A whole day to yourself. Sounds selfish, I know, but I think everyone deserves some time for themselves. Whether that means going on Omegle on Webcam mode or drooling over that gorgeous member of the band. Doesn't even have to be going out shopping with friends but I mean if that's your thing then, by all means, go for it.

Grab a cup of tea and a book. Forget about everything else and just dedicate your time to that book. Nothing else. There's no past, no future. You're just here. You're now.

This is gonna be a little contradictory to my last statement but here goes. Sit down. Or lie down, doesn't really matter. Think about one thing and everything that relates to it. Everything and anything that could possibly alter the paths of the future. Just because blowing your mind can be humbling sometimes. And interesting. Think about it. If you said just the right things at just the right times, where could you be now? Or maybe remember the right things you said at just the right times. Look back, how else can you see how far you've come?

You know one thing that everyone should have? A colour in book with a few crayons. Sometimes you just need to stop being such a goddamn adult/teenager and be a kid again for a little while.


One of those things is listen to a guided relaxation. That stuff really works. I'm not kidding. Just find a really good one and listen to it. One hour of that feels like 5 minutes and leaves you feeling like a brand new person. 

Take a goddamn chill pill and cool your pool. 

I'm sorry, I probably sound a little high or drunk but I've had a tiring week so pardon me for any weird expressions/wording.

I should probably try some of these things myself sometime. 

Until then, that'll do.

A la Prochaine~

0 comments: