Just updating~

on Monday, January 2, 2012
WOW it's been a while

I haven't been able to blog in aages because of the holidays and lack of internet.

and privacy.

But anyway. To recap, I went to Korea with my family for 5 FREEZING days. we saw the snow, we went skiing, and i got 4 types of burns in one day: Ice burn,  wind burn, sun burn and I burnt my tongue so that counts too.

Christmas wasn't all that...amazing as it "should have been".

BUT i managed to get a little famous among my cousin's class.

I managed to advertise my facebook to two 40-student classes, become what Mac Iwano was at our school, and...that's pretty much it. If you don't know who Mac Iwano is, he was this pretty good looking Half American Half Japanese guy who plays guitar, has a slight lisp and came to our school as a part of a school trip.

Ok so, i'm not good looking, i'm not a halfie, I do play guitar but not like he does, i don't have a lisp and I didn't go as a school activity. I went just as an experience of a different environment in schools. Needless to say, it's really, REALLY different to MSHS.

So there's the buildings: tall, 4 storey buildings are the norm in that school.
They have a 9 hour school day + tutoring after school
They have a friendlier relationship with the teachers. They can call up the teacher when they're out having lunch and ask them to come with, they can tackle the teachers, make fun of them, and call them up just for a chat. I was surprised they even had the teachers' numbers.
They can wear whatever shoes they want (as long as they're white)
They can bring their phones, iPods into class
They can wear jewellery .
For girls, they don't need their hair tied back.

I could go on, but...that would be boring...like me. But you get my point: it's different.

Oh, and corporal punishment is still in action over here.

  • Biology Teacher: So the sperm is surrounded with glucose
  • student: you mean semen is like sugar?
  • Biology Teacher: yeah basically
  • Other student: doesn't taste like..
  • Biology Teacher:
  • Other student:
  • student:
  • Biology Teacher:
  • Other student:
  • student:
  • Other student: whoops

0 comments: