Keyboards, Insults and Nothing

on Thursday, October 18, 2012
Writing up my French speech for Tuesday makes me feel a lot like a stereotypical English teacher, going into so much depth and getting emotionally involved with the characters in a three minute song as well as their situation but I guess that's already implied. 

In terms of writing the actual speech, it gets annoying every now and then. Say, for example, you're talking to someone in English on msn or facebook or some kind of social communication instant messaging shit whatever, and you're typing french at the same time and you're really getting the gist of the French keyboard and suddenly a message pops up saying: "Hey man what's up? How've you been?" and you go to say: "Yeah, nothing much just a bunch of assignments that's all. What about you?"

Unfortunately, the keyboard hasn't switched over the keyboard regional functions when I went to reply so what I typed looked like this: "Yeqh nothing ,uch just q bunch of qssign,ents thqtùs qll : Zhqt qbout you§"

Not even kidding. A is where Q is and vice versa; W is where Z is and vice versa; M is comma; dot is either colon and shift-/ becomes the Sims Currency. Just you wait till you hear about the row of numbers. There's a lot more to the French keyboard than that but I'll leave that up to you to learn. I learnt the hard way and went through typing articles in French until I got good at it. 

I guess you can always go for the OSK (On-Screen Keyboard) or the Google Translate Keyboard (that's how I learnt the Korean Keyboard). 

asjdfkl;
someone caption this. please. I can't come up with something cute, it's just like dog was napping and he heard Jack, the owner come back with a tennis ball and in his head he's just like BALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALL shit, where'd he go. Then he sees it and he's so happy that when he runs past the cat, he nips a little cheeky kiss and runs off, leaving the cat stunned. What.

I dunno, it's a Friday afternoon and I'm sick of doing assignments. 

I've figured that the best insults come from the most intelligent people. Like from John Bright: "He is a self-made man and worships his creator" and Mark Twain: "Why do sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" Or perhaps Mae West: "His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." 

Ok well, I think that's through and my thirst for that bit of leisure has been quenched so I'm gonna go back to my French assignment. 

Less than a day till Championships ajkl;dfjsakl;fjdksla Come to Logan Metro Indoor Sports Centre tomorrow at like 10 if you want to come along and watch. Completely pumped. 

A la Prochaine~

Just thought I'd pop this in:
The word "nothing" meant vagina in Elizabethan slang so pretty much the Shakespearean play "Much ado about Nothing" was a shameless, dirty pun

Something like that. Learning every day, huh?

0 comments: