Bit wordy, this one

on Wednesday, August 21, 2013
You have no idea how happy I am right now. I've been waiting for this moment for all of, well, a few months, I suppose. NO MORE THEORY. I did my 5th Grade Theory of Music exam today at this place in Newfarm and I think I did pretty well. The venue used to be at this place right across from Brisbane State High called the Greek Club. It was much fancier and "dandier" than this place but I can't really complain; an exam's an exam right? Compared to all the practice tests, the actual test is much easier. Maybe because I had a whole three hours to do the exam compared to the one hour maximum time limit that I normally had.

I might be making it sound much easier than it is. This exam normally takes a year of study or 6 months of intense study. I was really on and off about this exam. For my third grade exam I did literally over a hundred practice test papers. That resulted in me getting 98.5% on the exam. This time, however, I only did six papers max so I'm not too sure how this is going to turn out.

That's enough about theory. I think. Yeah definitely.

So now I need some piano versions of songs from musicals. That's a bit of a worry:  the monitoring date for our performance was yesterday which was also the first time we rehearsed the damn thing. Got nowhere. Call it what you want but I call it a contingency.

I need another excessively large burger

No actually, I just took a break from typing and had a massive plate of spaghetti and a really heavy piece of sponge cake.

Holy cow, I need to work this off.

A la Prochaine

0 comments: