Mid trip update~ warning, fairly long

on Saturday, December 29, 2012
So this is pretty much a mid-trip update so it's pretty much a whole lot about nothing.

As a generalisation, it's had its extremes. Like it's had its highs and lows. There was this duo (black American and White Australian) doing break dancing and stuff so the black guy asked everyone to clap along in his really Black American from the Bronx accent. "Aight, I want everyone to clap along now, yeah? Alright here we go. (starts clapping). Alright, white people find your rhythm." And then, he got all excited when he saw another black guy.

Earlier today, I was forced to accompany visited this massive Louis Vuitton store on George Street. Seriously, this place is like those stores you see in movies: the guy at the door opens it for you, everything in the store has a golden timge and there's this well-tailored man with glasses that looks like he's disgusted by all the not-so-classy people strutting around.

Me: Walks out of an LV store
My assumption: Dude, I bet everyone is judging you so hard right now, why don't you trip down the stairs right about now?
Me: Fuck.
Wow, I don't know if the that even made sense.

Boxing day was hectic. People everywhere. The foodcourt was crazy. People had to line up for shops and supermarkets. Maybe that's normal but I guess I just don't go shopping enough to know.

The buskers here are amazing. Some of them are good and some of them are just beyond amazing. One of the guys had a make-shift electric cello, a mic and a looper so that he could sing and beatbox at the same time. Singers everywhere. There was a drummer doing solos, there were three groups breakdancing that I've seen so far and there has only been one magician and he wasn't all that good. With the breakdancing groups, the best one was made up of an American and an Australian. Wait, sorry, I've already mentioned that. I'm doing this post over two days so just put up with me for a bit.

Les Misérables is AMAZING. I don't cry much, almost at all and this movie was just asdfjkl; I never knew Russell Crowe could sing so well. Sure he's got some room to improve but still, he did well. Hugh Jackman is just being his normal amazing self. Cassette and Marius are probably my favourite couple in the whole thing but then again, they're the only notable couple in the whole film but their voices are simply exquisite. Their duos, oh god, their duos.

If you're still with me here, good job, keep it up we're almost there, just one more story. Actually, no. I'll leave it for next time because I'm busy fanboying over Zhang Zi Yi in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Girls with swords right? ;)

A la Prochaine.

0 comments: