on Sunday, September 15, 2013
One more exam. one. more. bloody. exam. AND THEN I'M FREE. You have no idea how over school I am right now. Especially drama which is tomorrow. We have a 20 minute performance for tomorrow and we started today. Last minute effort at its best. Chances are, we're going to fail. I'm not kidding. It's Greek tragedy about some nut called Xerxes who decided to attack Greece, fucked up the battle and killed pretty much everyone in his team except himself. Comes running home to mama (me, not even kidding) and tells the story. Before this happens, the messenger tells me (Atossa, the mum) how bad it was so I go along and summon my husband, Darius, who died a while back but we need his help so we're gonna wake him up for a bit. He preaches for a bit and goes back to bed and that's where Xerxes comes back and the play ends with him conversing with the chorus.

So that's my version of "The Persians" by Aeschylus. You can google it and find a much better summary than the one I've written but that's just about it. The real trouble with this is that we have to choreograph a movement for pretty much every single line. Considering the fact that we only started today...we're fucked.

Despite this, I'll do my best despite the fact that it's among my last subject despite the fact that it's my last exam despite the fact that I've nearly given up on drama. I actually kinda like it sometimes. I like certain aspects of it. I think if we get to do Naturalistic theatre for next term's work or Brechtian theatre then we'll do fine.

I've been a bit wordy lately, mainly because I haven't got access to my computer which has all the gifs etc. so I'm sorry about that.

I should probably get going with preparing my performance.

A la prochaine

0 comments: